Project Management Office (PMO)
This course will offer an overview of the Project Management Office (PMO). The course is designed is based on the perspective of improving project delivery is only one metric of a PMO’s success, it is an important measure. Businesses that have established PMO’s need to ensure the PMO is providing expected results, and adding value to the business. This course will provide strategies and tactics to enable process improvement for a currently established Project Management Office.
The course shall provide the capabilities to the participants in determining how best to use the Project Management Office (PMO) for organization advantage and how to develop and use a competency model for project professionals. Discover methods to implement the type of PMO that best fits your environment and the specific functions it should perform. Assess the maturity of your PMO and recognize its contribution to professional responsibility in project management. The course is built around a series of consecutive structured lectures, class exercises, and class discussions. The scope of the course includes discussion of the components of the PMO including: Recognize critical characteristics of a PMO to foster organizational success , prevent runaway projects, conduct a project audit , perform a competency analysis, identify key roles and responsibilities, prepare a PMO charter, conduct an organizational maturity assessment, establish metrics for gauging and monitoring performance, develop a PMO implementation plan, use the PMO to promote professional responsibility.
*This course will deliver in Indonesian and/or English by Our Master Trainer/Instructor: Dr. Ir. Fauzi Hasan, MBA, PMP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CGEIT, CPRC, CSCP, CDCP, CITM APICS.
Objectives & Benefits
At the completion of the course participants shall benefit from the course such as:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the services a well designed PMO should perform for the organization
- Understand the challenges the PMO faces within your organization, and how to address them
- Learn how to evaluate key metrics of success for the PMO, and how to improve your PMO performance
- Learn techniques to manage project portfolios more effectively
- Improve your risk management strategies and tactics for addressing risk
- Learn how leading companies operate their project management offices (PMOs), and which of their strategies and tactics may be right for your organization.
- Senior and Middle Project Directors with responsibility for the project management office, and PMO staff including Methodology Experts, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators.
- Managers wishing to increase or update their knowledge of project management office functions and processes.
- Others with an interest in improving PMO results within their organizations, and who would benefit from an understanding of the project management office.
- Direct involvement in a Project Management Office, either as a project manager or as a staff member is a recommended prerequisite.
Course Content & Description
- The perspectives and overview of Critical PMO Characteristics
This part of the course shall describe the background and operational needs of PMO such as:
- Increased importance of the PMO to organizations Definitions of a PMO
- Categories of PMO functions
- Typical PMO duties
- PMO objectives
- The application of PMO entity to Enhance Project Performance
The subject of the course shall highlight and identify key operational elements in the project management such as:
- Establishing critical performance indicators
- Setting a baseline to monitor progress
- Determining views of success
- Establishing success indicators
- Preparing project evaluation structures
- Coping with Runaway project .
This part of the course shall describe aspects of runway project and efforts as related to managing runway project such as:
- Definition of a runaway project
- Conducting a project audit
- Preparing and implementing a recovery plan
- Competency Model for Project Professionals
This part of the course shall describe on the competencies as required in executing and managing the projects such as:
- The importance of competency
- Methods to categorize project management skills
- Conducting a competency analysis
- Addressing significant issues
- Using the PMO to ensure competency in project management
- Project Management Maturity and the PMO
This part of the course shall describe project management relation with the organization maturity level such as:
- The Definition of maturity
- Differences between mature and immature organizations
- Five maturity levels
- Performing an organizational project management maturity assessment
- Establishing metrics at each maturity level
- Focusing on continuous improvement
- The Essential Functions of PMO
The subject of the course focus on the critical function of PMO as related to project execution such as:
- Project coverage, operational unit, departmental, and universal
- Project-focused functions: augment, mentor, and consult
- Specific areas of direct assistance
- Enterprise-oriented functions: promote, archive, practice, and train
- Specific areas of performance
- PMO Implementation
This part of the course provides knowledge and the skills to the participants in implementing the PMO, and developing capabilities as related to:
- Motivations, costs, and benefits
- Assessing the current project management practices
- Project or program PMO
- Division-level PMO
- Enterprise-level PMO
- Organizational structures and strategy
- Functional organization
- Project-oriented organization
- Matrix organization
- Use of virtual teams
- Guidelines for successful implementation
- PMO implementation plan
- Effective deployment of the PMO
- Professional Code of Ethics and Responsibility in PMO
This final part of the course shall provide and enlighten the participants with the standard code-of-conduct of profession as related to PMO with the benefits to establish integral professional conducts and focuses on:
- Integrity and professionalism
- Project management knowledge base
- Individual competence enhancement
- Balancing stakeholder interests
- Personal, ethnic, and cultural differences
Information & Registration:
- Untuk keterangan selengkapnya (termasuk biaya dan jadwal pelaksanaan) silahkan dilihat/unduh brosurnya di <Project Management Office (PMO)>.
- Untuk pendaftaran silahkan download Registration Information dan kirim kembali via email atau fax setelah diisi dengan lengkap.
- Bila membutuhkan pelatihan dalam bentuk Inhouse Training silakan download IHT Request Form dan dikirim kembali kepada kami melalui Fax/email setelah diisi dengan lengkap.
- Anda juga dapat menghubungi langsung penyelenggaranya melalui Tel/SMS/Fax yang tercantum di brosur atau email: beproseminars<at>gmail.com